Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Update on Traveling Clara Barton - Mailing TCB to Clara Barton NHS

Hello Junior Rangers!

Traveling Clara Barton Package
Traveling Clara Barton Package
to mail to Clara Barton NHS for
the Clara Barton Civil War 150th
Anniversary Junior Ranger badge.
Today I am mailing out my Traveling Clara Barton package to Clara Barton NHS in Maryland. It's the final step in getting the Clara Barton Civil War 150th Anniversary Badge. The last stamp is from the Clara Barton NHS, so I have enclosed all of my Traveling Clara Barton sheets (I decided at the last minute not to cut them to pieces, lol) along with the NPS Activity Sheet and a letter to the Rangers over there. I really enjoyed my time visiting Clara Barton NHS, so I made sure to talk about that in my letter to them. If you ever get a chance to get to Maryland to go visit the site, you should; the Rangers there are very knowledgeable about Clara Barton and her life and have a lot of interesting stories and anecdotes. The tour was definitely worth waiting for. :)



So What's Next?

It's exciting that the quest for this badge is coming to a close and I can focus my attention on a different one. I'd like to go for the Civil War Historian Junior Ranger Patch next... but it occurs to me that I have a lot of books left over from my road trip vacation last month that are still needing to be completed and/or mailed out. Hmm... Yorktown comes to mind... =/

Will let you all know what I decide to pursue next and when Traveling Clara Barton comes back to me, of course. :) But in the meantime...

Explore On, Junior Rangers! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment