Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Mailing 10 More Packages...

So yesterday was a very busy day! I took eleven packages to the Post Office, which completes this round of Junior Ranger books. Hopefully they will get back to me soon. In addition to Traveling Clara Barton, here’s what I sent out:



Appalachian Trail Package
Appalachian Trail @ The Blue Ridge Parkway – Peaks of Otter Visitor Center, Virginia

Let’s hope this one makes it okay because I had to Google the address. Otherwise there is no real way to get it there except by delivering it in person. So we’ll see what happens with that, lol. If it goes well, then I will get the Appalachian Trail patch.

Captain John Smith Chesapeake
and Star-Spangled Banner NHTs
Captain John Smith Chesapeake NHT
Star-Spangled Banner NHT – Yorktown, VA

Two birds, one stone—I love it. These could be mailed to the same place. These should yield Junior Ranger patches for both Captain John Smith Chesapeake and Star Spangled Banner. :)

Castillo de San Marcos NM Package
Castillo de San Marcos NM – St Augustine, Florida

Should be getting the Castillo de San Marcos Junior Ranger badge and Master Junior Ranger patch.

Fort Donelson NB Package
Fort Donelson NB – Dover, TN

Second stop for the Civil War Historian Patch… hopefully it will go well over there and I will get the Fort Donelson Junior Ranger badge and certificate to eventually mail to Andersonville for the Civil War Historian patch :)

Fort Hunt Park Package
Fort Hunt @ GWMP – McLean, VA

Forgot to mail this one in when I sent in the first GWMP package, ugh.  I also included a letter asking Ranger Wheeler to send me another badge because it broke in half in transit and thanking him for the package he sent. And I bombarded the poor guy with a million questions about other programs in the area. Hopefully he will give me some more insight and direction that I can share with all of you. :)

Fort Matanzas NM Package
Fort Matanzas NM – St Augustine, Florida

Should be getting the Fort Matanzas Junior Ranger badge and Master Junior Ranger patch.
Junior Paleontologist Package
Junior Paleontologist – Colorado

First stop for Junior Paleontologist… This should get me the regular Junior Paleontologist badge.

Kennesaw Mountain Package
Kennesaw Mountain NBP – Kennesaw, Georgia

First stop for the Civil War Historian Patch… hopefully it will go well over there and I will get the Kennesaw Mountain Junior Ranger badge and certificate to eventually mail to 
Andersonville for the Civil War Historian patch. :)

Shenandoah NP Package
Shenandoah NP – Virginia

This was a huge one. Package included: Shenandoah NP, Rock on Stony Man, Appalachian Trail, and The Wild Side of Shenandoah. This place had a ton of books. And it took me forever to get them all done. If everything goes well, I should be getting a lot of stuff from here. Woot :)


Yorktown Battlefield Package
Yorktown Battlefield @ Colonial National Historic Park – Yorktown, VA

Oh Yorktown… I have been working on you for so long… That crossword puzzle was a nightmare. I got all but one. :( This is supposed to get me the Yorktown Battlefield Junior Ranger patch and certificate. I also sent in my certificate from Jamestown because supposedly if you complete the Junior Ranger programs at both, you are supposed to get a special reward. ;)




Well now that I got all of those out, I can focus on the real project: The List. I hope to start work on that right away. I will be posting updates on the blog as I get them done. 

Explore On, Junior Rangers! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment