Monday, May 20, 2013

Update on Traveling Clara Barton - Clara Barton's Missing Soldiers Office Museum Stamp


Traveling Clara Barton from Missing Soldiers Office
Package I received from Clara Barton's Missing Soldiers Office
Museum: Envelope, Letter from Superintendent Rosenvold
and Stamped Traveling Clara Barton.


Stamp from Clara Barton's Missing Soldiers Office
Stamp from Clara Barton's Missing
Soldiers Office Museum for
my Traveling Clara Barton.
One down, five to go! :)

So I checked my mail today… and guess what! I got my first stamp back on my Traveling Clara Barton, yay! :) A big thank you to Clara Barton’s Missing Soldiers Office Museum for returning my stamp and Traveling Clara Barton so quickly. One step closer to getting the Clara Barton Civil War 150th Anniversary Junior Ranger badge. :)

You can see the stamp here to the left. I was surprised to see that it was a custom stamp. I was expecting them to stamp it with the site's Passport Cancellation Stamp, which is usually what is handed out for these kinds of things.



Letter from Superintendent Rosenvold
Letter from Superintendent
Rosenvold from Clara Barton's
Missing Soldiers Office Museum.

The Superintendent of the site, Susan Rosenvold, also sent me a personal letter which thanked me for my interest in the site and included links to websites about the Museum, which apparently is not open because it is undergoing restorations. According to Superintendent Rosenvold, a date for the opening has still not been determined. Hopefully it will open soon. :)

Here are the sites Superintendent Rosenvold mentioned in her letter so you too can learn more about Clara Barton’s Missing Soldiers Office Museum:




Explore on, Junior Rangers! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment